Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 4 Observations: Nov. 7th-11th

This week I made my final observations of my micro-aquarium. The first thing I noticed was how far down my water level had gotten. It was nearly two-thirds of the way down since filling it to the top the previous week! I did not notice any new organisms this week, however it did seem that the population of Rotifers in my micro-aquarium had gone down significantly. I have not yet come up with a theory as to why there was such a drastic decline in the population of these certain organisms. I also observed a few new Cyclops that appeared to be in the beginning stages of development as well as more that had fully developed. I was unable to obtain a picture of the aquatic earthworm this week unfortunately because it refused to come out of the soil and therefore I was not able to get a clear shot of it. All in all, I think this was a good project and I am glad I was able see how micro-organisms live in their habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment